Good news, expats! The results from the 2009 Expat Explorer survey are in! In this video, Paul Say, Head of Marketing & Communications for HSBC Bank International, sits down to explain some insights and findings from the first report of the survey, Expat Economics.
There are lots of interesting results regarding the credit crunch and how expats are managing in the current economy, such as:
• US, Thailand and South Africa are the most affected expat locations
• Almost half of expats in UK considering returning home
• Emerging markets rank above established centres for expat finances
• UK is the worst for saving behind Spain and France
• Despite economic crisis, expats are wealthier and save more than in country of origin
If for some reason you cannot view the embedded clip, please visit the Expat Explorer 2009 YouTube page. You can also view all the results in the Expat Economics report on HSBC Offshore site.
A quick update on the apartment search.
4 hours ago